OpenEPC 7 includes SMS functions:
The SMSRouter supports the SGd and S6c interfaces as well as a NorthBound API.
The SMSRouter queries the HSS using S6c for the location of the subscriber.
- If subscriber is located in LTE, 3G, 2G or VoLTE the SMSRouter delivers the SMS using SGd interface to corresponding function
- If the subscriber is not registered but belongs to this network the SMSRouter stores the SMS in the database and subscriber to notification on registration by the HSS
- If the subscriber is not registered and not at home in this network the SMSRouter delivers the SMS to the home SMSC via IMS
The IP-SM-Gw implements SGd and SIP ISC interfaces to deliver and receive SMS via IMS.
Both IP-SM-Gw and SMSRouter have following features:
- 3GPP Release 13
- NFV deployment
- Optimized software architecture
- Quasi-stateless design (MME drops state to external DB from which another MME in the pool can pick up)
- Horizontal scalability
- Vertical scalability
- All other OpenEPC non functional features
This feature list may not be complete, please contact us for any question